Friday, June 5, 2009

Quick Update


I am going to bed soon since I have to get up early, but I wanted to give a quick update. Today we were visited by Scott Kline and his wife. He is the professor who started the Beyond Boarders program at St. Jerome's, which is the program through which Jen and Jessica came to Ukraine. We met him at the university, where they prepared a very fancy lunch for us in a special mini dinning room. We felt pretty special... VIP. Hahahaha. They served us bostch (beet soup, but I know I totally misspelled it), salad, a very tender meat with potatoes, and chocolate icecream with berries. It was awesome, with the exception that I had just had a big breakfast... hahaha.

After we went to the computer lab for a few minutes, where we met with some of the Saskatchewan students. To my delight, they all got organized to see if they could ask Olana Huzat to let me come on their trip to Lviv tomorrow with them. I had been kind of feeling like the odd man out because I am not part of the Beyond Borders program, which meant that I was not part of all of their programmed activities. However, we got permission for me to attend, and I am going to Lviv with them!! I am soooo excited. It made me feel so good, even though I should have stayed home doing school work, haha. I don't care. I will catch up from Mon-Wed. Since Jen and Jess are going to the Carthusian Mountains those days with Jen's host family, I was told not to come to the internat, since I would be by myself, with no language skills to fend. So that gives me 3 days to catch up. However, I still think I am going to go for at least an hour or two each day anyway. That is what I came here to do, so I think I will venture on my own. It would not be the first time, and I am actually ok on my own for short periods of time, so I think it will be fine.

So I guess that means I better go to bed now. We are meeting at the University to leave for Lviv at 8:00am, so I have to get up early.

As a last little note, I just wanted to thank you all again for reading my blog. I have been receiving a lot of comments, especially through facebook and email, and I want you to know how much that means to me. And even those of you who haven't left comments but are still keeping up with the blog, thank you so much! Love you all, miss you all. God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment