Thursday, June 4, 2009

Ukrainian Randomness

Random funny, interesting, or just plain weird things I have come across... I will keep on adding stuff to this album as time goes...

Got gnomes?

This is what the bedrooms at the Internat look like. For to a room. AND there are carpets everywhere. Even on the walls. Even the girls' blankets look like carpets. I actually kind of like it haha

Ok... picture this. This horn, or speaker, or whatever it is (or was), is at the top of a 30-feet pole bythe train tracks... can anyone take a guess at how it got bent like that?? I just don't get it!


Ella... Ella sleeping... Ella sleeping on her favourite spot.... Ella sleeping on her favourite spot: my bed. Sigh. I really hope she doesn't have fleas. Notice how my blanket is rolled up in such a way that it has the same shape as the sneaky cat?

Hole-less toilet paper

Apple toothpaste??? It actually tastes aweful!! Well, it is just weird because it tastes like mint but it smells like apple, which gets your senses all confused and makes for not such a pleasant experience. At least not for me.

This is a beautiful picture of Orest's grandparents

A typical lunch. Look how much stuff they put before me! Here we have soup, Sour-cream-and-veggies salad, sausages with cheese, bread, butter, honey, jam, and mustard. This is actually one of the smaller lunches I have received. I kid you not, and I love it! Haha

Mini-strawberries from the garden

Mama Ola, Krystina, and Orest, sporting his Canadian Hockey shirt! Haha

This is how condiments come packaged here. This is ketchup and two different types of mustard (the one I like is actually a paste with the mustard seeds whole)

This is how we keep the water. In a jar, with a few stones and a silver spoon in it... to keep it fresh and clear the impurities! Surprisingly, it is the freshest water I have ever tasted!!

Before putting the water in the jar with the spoon, we first filter it.

Bottled water... BEWARE!! I bought this bottle and it turned out to be such a hassle. First of all, it was impossibel to open. I couldn't open it. Jess couldn't open it. Krystina couldn't open it. Mama Ola couldn't open it... Not even Orest could! Well, he did EVENTUALLY... and when he did, it turned out to be CARBONATED water!! Ughh!! It tastes so bad, hahaha. So I'm just going to dump it and refill the bottle with fresh jar-and-spoon water! Hahaha!

That is all for now. Also, here are the links for all my other photo albums, which include the pictures I have already posted, plus a bunch of others! You can see the even if you don't have facebook.

Ukrainian Randomness:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2244551&id=122610538&l=d80c0421ea

Ukraine - Internat:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2244375&id=122610538&l=a8c7cd1721

Ukraine, Week 1, Part 2:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2244367&id=122610538&l=cd73b40143

Ukraine, Week 1, Part 1:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2243418&id=122610538&l=621665bd95


Love you all, miss you all. God bless

2 comments:

  1. hey Miri - you will have to show me where those gnomes are in Ternopil... I'd seriously like to buy one! I have this weird obsession... haha. Maybe Thursday or Friday of next week?!

    Have a great couple of days :)
    -Jen.

    ReplyDelete