Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Sunday, Continued :)

I guess I will begin by sharing with you some pictures of the Church I went to for Pentecost Sunday, as well as the Mass itself and the children who did their First Communion! (These are especially for you, Curtis, hehehe) By the way, I think if you click on the pictures you will be taken to another window where you can see them in full :D



The next pictures are of Krystina (standing on the right with the long hair and the white dress), and of 'Mama Ola', who was singing in the choir (wearing a red blazer over a black dress).



Now that you have endulged yourselves a little (hahaha) let's move on with what I was saying before. after Mass, I went with Orest to the store to buy some groceries, and later in the afternoon (after lunch), he accompanied me to buy my cellphone. By the way, if you don't have it yet and would like to have it, please send me an email and I will be glad to send it to you.

So anyway, I bought the least expensive phone I could find, which actually was still nice, and later we went to a different store to buy the card and the service for it. There we met this really cool Nigerian guy named Inkah. He heard us speaking in English and started talking to us. Apparently, there are a lot of English-speaking Nigerians in the area. I had seen African people around, but I had no idea where they were from nor that they spoke English.

Getting my phone was very exciting, since I no longer felt disconnected from the world, hahaha. This might sound funny to both those of you who know me well, and those of you who don't, but this is the first cellphone I have ever owned. For those of you who don't know me well... I have never wanted to have a cell because I didn't want to pay for one and always be available to everyone, hahaha. And for those of you who know me well, you are probably surprised that I got a cellphone at all, since I am always so adamant at not getting one, hehehe. But trust me, working in a foreign country for 3 months really makes a cellphone a necessity. Myrowslav and Joanne were awesome for suggesting I that I should get one with the grant. It was sych a relief to get the cell since I could finally communicate with Jess and Jen in a much faster and convenient way. So with my new little Nokia, I was all set up for Sunday :D Unfortunately, because getting the phone took so long, we did not have time to get the Internet cable for my computer, but I was happy with at least having gotten the phone.


After getting the phone I was able to walk about the Center again and take a few more pictures. I took a picture of two little boys who were playing in the fountain... I thought it was the perfect picture of innocence.


I am also starting to take pics of what Orest calls "cr*p life" hehehe. Basically, they are pictures of what "real life" is like, a.k.a. rough. An example of this is the ATM machine slot in the following photo... I will post some of my "cr*p life" pictures once in a while, hehe, I hope you enjoy them ;)

Next I will tell you about the real reason why I am here... my first 'Internat' experience! (Pum,pum,pum!! *suspense music in the background....*) ;)

3 comments:

  1. Miri - your cheap Nokia is much cuter than my cheap Nokia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful....

    Hi! Miri this is Tony.....

    so you are in Ukraine now...

    I wish I can go....

    wish you all the best....

    see you in September...

    ReplyDelete